Support sensible planning and development in downtown Montclair. Every voice makes a difference!
The Pinnacle Companies, who brought the Siena, Valley and Bloom and the new hotel to Montclair now propose more of the same, but bigger, in the Seymour St. area and Lackawanna Plaza. And there is more to come.
- These two new developments alone propose to add up to 600 apartments to a small area.
- They will be as tall as 7 stories and completely out of character with the surrounding neighborhood.
- Our downtown roads cannot accommodate the extra traffic.
- Added traffic, pollution and environmental issues will significantly compromise our air quality.
- Pedestrian safety has not been addressed.
- Proposed parking decks will have entrances and exits in residential neighborhoods.
- Massive buildings are being permitted with little consideration of infrastructure such as water and sewage.
- Montclair’s schools cannot accommodate an influx of new students that these developments can bring.
- Montclair is allowing Pinnacle to build on town-owned property.
We are your neighbors, representing multiple groups throughout Montclair, and ask for your support in rejecting the proposals for the Seymour St. Redevelopment Plan and the Lackawanna Redevelopment Plan. We want:
- detailed traffic and infrastructure studies, a specific plan for accommodating increased traffic and residents,
- provision of appropriate school capacity
- allocation of adequate green space
- detailed examination of emergency response that will support these proposed developments, and
- development with less density that is in keeping with downtown Montclair’s character.